Google Responsive Ads on the Google Display Network
What are Google Responsive ads? How can you benefit by using them? How can you use them to get more sales, better ROI, and conversion rates? We’ll address this and more in the following article. Google’s responsive display ads are the default ad for its display network. They can be used for regular campaigns and smart display campaigns.
What is a Google Responsive Ad?
It is an ad that is automatically adjusted to the right size, format, and appearance. This saves you a ton of time and effort trying to figure it out yourself. This is especially nice for advertisers. They benefit from the following when using responsive ads:
- Optimization – Google optimizes the text and images (videos) for the ad based on previous results. Fewer changes and tweaking is needed.
- Bigger Reach – The responsive ad is very flexible. It can adapt to various ad sizes with only one creature, instead of 15 different sizes. One image can reach an ad slot, which increases your reach without spending any more money.
- Save Time and Money – You will not have a big portfolio of media for different slots. This saves you money by letting you spend less for your account management and on asset production.
Recent Responsive Ads Updates
The Google advertising platform is often updated. There are new updates practically every month. These changes affect users and advertisers. Here are some of the most recent updates:
- Video Assets – Up to 60% of people who shop online admit that video assets are a big impact on their buying decision. By 2021, studies show that 80% of all internet traffic will be driven by video. Google has created video assets for its responsive display ad.
- Better Reporting for Responsive ads – Google now offers combination reporting. You can choose whichever combination you like, images, text, or videos that are produced by machine learning.
- Improved Ad Strength tool – Now, through the Ad Strength tool, you can determine how well your descriptions, videos, images, or headlines will perform. This allows you to test out different combinations to see which ones will effectively generate interest.
Setting Up Google Responsive Display Ads
Now that you have decided to use the Google Responsive Display ads, you’ll want to know how to set them up.
- Click on the Campaign tab on the dashboard
- Click the blue + button to start the new campaign
- Set up your campaign goals before choosing a network and ad types
- Hover the mouse over the campaign goal to learn the networks they use
- After choosing a campaign goal, select Display again as your campaign type
- Select a campaign subtype
- General responsive ads, choose ‘standard display campaign and enter the landing page to get started
- At this point, you can choose from a large selection of options, such as budgets and bidding.
- Once everything has been chosen and tweaked, you can now create your responsive ad
- Click the blue + symbol again to begin creating ads
- Choose responsive display ads from a list
- Final step – choose elements for your ad.