LinkedIn Carousel Ad Specs – All You Need to Know for 2021
Advertisers can increase conversion ratings through the use of carousel ads. Carousel ads enable them to show several images in a single ad. The carousel ad helps to tell a story, increases ROI advertising, and gets you more brand recognition. LinkedIn Carousel ads are a type of Sponsored Content with swipeable cards. The ads will appear in the news feed on your LinkedIn page and in the news feed of the followers across every device and platform. The typical LinkedIn Carousel ad has multiple image cards and each card has a headline and intro content. You can also create Carousel ads for two campaign objectives, which might include, brand consideration, conversions, and brand awareness. Based on your campaign objective you can send people to your post-click page to collect leads by using the LinkedIn Lead Gen Form.
The carousel ads offer standard advertising metrics, they also provide advertisers with access to the number of clicks for every card and impressions. This type of information will help you to tweak your ads so that you can find the best way to highlight the story of your brand. Carousel ads offer three things that other LinkedIn ad formats do not, which include:
- Storytelling – This method offers the best storytelling because the ad is personalized for the member’s audience. The ad type highlights the member’s brand personality and makes it easier for them to connect with their audience.
- Promote more content in a single ad: Carousel ads can promote as many as 10 images/cards. With up to 10 images, more CTAs, and having each card to go a post-click page, members offer their audience a pretty good picture of what they are offering to them.
- Higher CTRs – Polling of more than 300 advertisers who used the beta-tested carousel ads for Sponsored Content, revealed that 75% of them use the ads in their content campaign because they noticed an increase in engagement and click-throughs when compared to other Sponsored Content campaigns. Carousels have more content and this offers advertisers multiple opportunities to engage with their audience.
Carousel Ad Specs
The two prerequisites for creating carousel ads are –
- A LinkedIn Page admin with user access to the Campaign Manager and permissions that are higher than your viewers.
- Permission to post-Direct Sponsored Content
When you have met these requirements, here are the ad specs to use:
- You must have a minimum of at least two cards but less than 10 cards.
- Introduction text can only be 150 characters for mobile users
- the intro text/commentary/description area can only be 255 characters.
Individual Carousel Card specs:
- 10 MB Max file size
- 1080×1080 pixels with a 1:1 aspect ratio is recommended for individual images
Rich media formats that can be supported
- GIF (non-animated)
Headline text per image card is a maximum of two lines
- 30 – character limited carousel ads with a Lead Gen Form CTA
- 45 – character limited carousel ads directing visitors to a landing page