The beginner’s guide to Google‘s pay per click advertising
Pay-per-click (or PPC Advertising) is a form of paid digital marketing where the advertisers pay a fee each time their ad is clicked. The term PPC can apply to the paid ads on social media networks such as Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. However, today we will focus on Google AdWords which will help your ads to stand out to the search engine users, displaying them at the top and right hand side of the Google’s search engines. We will also explore Google Display Network which will displays your ads on relevant websites for your customers and prospects land on.
We will take a look at the benefits of both the services to help you to decide the best fit for your business and the best way to reach your target audience.
How to decide if PPC is a good to fit for your business or not?
To decide whether PPC is a good fit for your business or not, you need to assess whether you can afford to be involved. Do you have a budget for the paid advertising or do you need to focus on amplifying your organic reach? If you do have a paid budget is it best to spend the entire sum on the PPC or are there some other paid tactics you have to account for?
PPC is an effective option if you want to reach to the people who are actively searching for terms related to your business. If you decide to create a PPC campaign then your budget will be determined by your audience, competition and the types of products/services you wish to drive awareness of in your campaign.
Choosing the best Google PPC option for your Strategy
Why Choose Google AdWords?
Google AdWords helps you to get your business found on web by your target audience who search for the specific terms related to your brand, products and content. Some of the benefits that will help you to decide how the Google AdWords will help you to achieve your digital marketing objectives and enable you to reach your ideal audience.
- Use the free Google AdWords Keyword Planner to help you for the research of the long tail keywords your target audience are searching for – use these terms to create your Google AdWords campaigns.
- Creating a compelling ads that deliver the messages and products/services your prospects are searching for.
- Set a daily budget so as to ensure you do not exceed your allocated spend.
- Reach your customers on whatever the device they are searching on – e.g. desktop, smartphone or tablet.
- Measure the impact of your ads campaigns and find out how many people can see your ads, the percentage of prospects who click on your ads and the amount of sales you have made as a direct result.
- You can test and tweak your Google Ads at any time and pause and re-start your Google Ads as you see fit.
Why choose the Google Display Network?
The Google Display Network allows you to place your Google ads in front of the right person at the right time and on the right sections of relevant websites. Some of the benefits that will help you to decide if it is right option for you to display the Google Ads.
- You can choose between an array of the Ads formats including text ads, image ads, mobile ads and video ads.
- Target your Google Ads so as to ensure whether they reach the right, specified audience of your choice – the topics targeting feature enables you to place your Google Ads on Websites related to your chosen topics.
- There are a selection of pre-made Ads that will help you to choose and customize or you can choose to build your own Ads from scratch.
- The automatic bidding tool automatically sets the budget on your Ads for you – this budget is set to ensure your Ad achieves the maximum number of clicks for the lowest cost.
- Reach and frequency reporting allows you to track and measure your ad’s performance and enables you to discover how many people have reached you’re Ads and how many people have clicked on it.